BERRYNARBOR MANOR HALL
Bringing the community together
The Manor Hall is located in the centre of Berrynarbor village, adjacent to the St. Peter's church. The two-storey wing is part of the former manor house dating back to the late 15th century and has features from the Tudor and late medieval periods, whereas the main hall was built in 1914, partly through the generosity of the Basset family who owned the Watermouth Estate.
The building was acquired in 1947 and is managed by the Manor Hall Trust as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) Registered 1169090.
The Manor Hall wing is used by Berrynarbor Pre-School and the Men's Institute.
The main hall is used for a wide variety of activities and groups, including spinners, upholstery, art, badminton, pilates, the Wine Circle and theatre events put on by the villagers, the Beaford Arts group and others.
The main hall is approx. 16m x 8m (128m sq) with a 6.5m high pitched roof. At the rear of the hall is the kitchen area which is approx 3m x 4m fitted with double gas cooker, fridge, microwave etc. Adjacent to the kitchen is the storage area at the end of which are 3 toilets (1x disabled).
The Hall has recently undergone extensive refurbishment and has state of the art infra red heating, LED dimmable lighting & PA systems installed, creating a light, airy, comfortable environment.